DHA Environment provide sustainable and viable solutions to planning and environmental problems. We are able to offer clients pre-planning advice to ensure their proposals are environmentally sound.
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
DHA Environment is an EIA Quality Mark registrant of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). This means we have the quality of our EIA work and services independently reviewed and verified on an annual basis to maintain our Quality Mark status. We are therefore able to offer the following services and high quality advice on EIA matters:
- General advice on EIA issues.
- Drafting and submitting screening requests to obtain a formal decision as to whether an EIA is required.
- Drafting and submitting scoping requests to obtain formal agreement with relevant parties about the scope and content of an EIA.
- Managing, collating and reviewing Environmental Statements to accompany planning applications
- Advice on whether and what type of BREEAM assessment is required for non-residential projects.
- Producing BREEAM Pre-Assessment Reports to accompany planning applications.
- Advice on appealing against conditions requiring unreasonable compliance with BREEAM.
Habitat Regulation Assessments
- Information on whether your site requires a HRA
- Advice on the HRA process and the implications on your development proposal.
- Submitting applications for renewable and low carbon energy generation proposals such as solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and anaerobic digesters.
- Producing outline and detailed landscaping plans to accompany planning applications.
- Undertaking Landscape and Visual Assessments to accompany planning applications and/or to form part of Environmental Impact Assessments.
Flood Risk Assessments
- Producing Flood Risk Assessments to accompany planning applications for many types of development.
Geographical Information Services
- Sensitive receptor plans visualising local environmental designations such as sites of special scientific interest.
- Cumulative site assessments.