The school site is located on the Oakwood Learning Campus to the west of Maidstone town centre. This site forms part of an area which was originally parkland located between the A26 Tonbridge Road and the A20 London Road and associated with Oakwood House.
DHA worked with Willmott Dixon and KSS Architects to secure full planning consent for the erection of a new school building and associated facilities including:
- An extension to the existing hall to provide two wings of new teaching accommodation extending to just under 5000 square metres (gross).
- Demolition of the existing east block.
- Creation of a floodlit All Weather Pitch (AWP).
- Provision of car parking on the main site for 59 cars and an additional area to the north of the site capable of accommodating 28 cars.
- New strategic landscape provision to suit the campus style setting.