Since the amalgamation, DHA has worked with Carillion Building and Jestico + Whiles to secure full planning consent for the demolition of the existing school buildings at NLL Academy and the erection of a new Academy and associated facilities including:
- A new 6 court indoor sports hall.
- An indicative location for a new vocational centre of approximately 2,500 sq m (gross).
- A new Multi Use Games Area (MUGA).
- New Senior, Medium and Junior grass Playing Pitch provision to meet DfES and Sport England Standards, including community use.
- New car parking provision, circulatory access and pedestrian access points.
- New strategic landscape provision to create a campus style setting.
Maidstone’s first rebuilt academy opened its doors in 2010 and provides pupils with an outstanding education alongside state-of-the-art facilities and resources.