We are currently looking for a Transport Engineer to join our Transport Planning / Infrastructure team in Maidstone. If you have five years or more experience in Stage One highway design we would like to hear from you.
The role offers excellent career prospects within a friendly and professional business which is proud of the quality of service it delivers. We offer competitive salaries, pension, gym membership and a fun, fact pace workplace.
You will be working under the supervision of Directors and other senior team members to assist in the running of large scale development projects in Kent and beyond.
In summary the role will include:
- Layout reviews for a number of different use types including residential, commercial, education etc.;
- Swept path analysis using industry standard software;
- Stage One access and highway design;
- coordination of and response to Road Safety Audits;
- The opportunity to oversee, motivate and training junior staff;
- Internal dialog with other DHA colleagues to understand wider project context;
- Liaison with external consultants and clients;
- Supporting and assisting senior members of the transport planning team where necessary.
- Ideally have a degree qualification in a relevant engineering / transport planning subject or an experience based equivalent;
- Have at least five years within the industry working for either the public or private sector;
- Have a good understand of Auto CAD and Auto Track;
- Have the ability to recognise and communicate layout and highway related constraints and opportunities;
- Show a knowledge of the planning system, in particular policy such as the NPPF and NPPG;
- Understand documents such as Manual for Street and DMRB and be able to apply the guidance therein;
- Have the ability to write clear and concise reports and technical notes;
- Provide an awareness of financial control and project management; and
- Be comfortable working on a number of projects at once to manage personal timescales;
If you are interested in building a successful career with DHA please send a CV with a covering letter, outlining why you are interested in this role.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 776226