We are currently looking for a Traffic Data Analyst to work in our Transport Planning team and would like to hear from candidates that have recently finished college/6th form, or are working as a technician in a similar role.
You will be working under the supervision of a Director and other senior team members to assisting in the running of large scale development projects in Kent and beyond. You will need to take responsibility for the sourcing, processing and presenting of traffic data to inform critical aspects of the planning process.
In summary the role will include:
- Your own mentor to direct and oversee your learning;
- Internal dialog with other DHA colleagues to understand wider project context;
- Liaison with external consultants to agree the relevant study area on the highway network;
- The instructing of third party companies to secure the relevant existing traffic data;
- The coding and processing of traffic data within an Excel spreadsheet to consider potential future scenarios;
- The presentation of information to inform external investigations, for example Noise and / or Air Quality Assessments; and
- Supporting and assisting senior members of the transport planning team where necessary
- Have completed college or 6th form, securing a good standard of grades in all subjects, particularly Maths and English
- Be willing to learn new skills whilst working under the supervision of experienced staff;
- Be comfortable working on a number of projects at once to manage personal timescales;
- Have a good understanding of most Microsoft packages, particularly Excel;
- Have an interest in the built environment and understand how this can be improved through analysis and modelling techniques; and
- Have good written English, communication and interpersonal skills
We offer competitive salaries, pension, gym membership and a fun, fast paced workplace.
If you are interested in building a successful carer at DHA please send your CV along with a covering letter, outlining why you are interested in the role. For more information email email@example.com or call 01622 776226