We are looking for a Graduate Transport Planner to join our busy, growing and fun loving team.
Our multi-discplinary teams means we are able to offer all our Grads exposure to the different areas of Planning and Development and different sectors we work in so that we can mold our roles around the people we have at DHA. This has led us to be able to retain the highest calibre professionals which is why 50% of our senior work force joined DHA as a graduate and have been promoted to Associate, Associate Director or Director positions.
As a Graduate Transport Planner you can expect to:
- Prepare transport reports typically required to support planning applications and appeals
- Analyse traffic surveys, accident data, public transport information and junction modelling
- Conduct site visits and assessments
- Liaise with external consultants and clients
- Assist the team to obtain drawings, highway searches, traffic survey information and accident data
- Develop your technical knowledge and understanding
- Support and assisting senior members of the team
- Develop your knowledge of industry standard software packages including Junctions 8, PICARDY and ARCADY.
- As part of your first 18 months with DHA you will be enrolled in our professional competency training programme and be assigned a mentor who will direct and support your learning
- Have the opportunity of DHA sponsoring you through a part time Masters at a Kent or London based university.
- Be supported to gain either CIHT or CILT membership.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have or be predicted a 2.1 in a degree such as Geography, Planning, Land Management, Urban/Regional Economics or subjects such as engineering or Maths, however we will consider any subjects. Applicants should:
- Have a positive attitude to problem-solving, ambition and enthusiasm.
- A full driving license in order to drive to our sites, many of which are rural and not accessible on public transport.
- Have a genuine interest in the built environment and a commitment to progress within the industry.
- Have excellent written English, numerical, communication and interpersonal skills.
In return DHA can offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 20 days annual leave plus additional leave over Christmas and study leave to support your masters
- Sponsorship through relevant Masters
- Gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Modern and attractive office space with breakfast and Friday drinks
- Flexi Friday working hours
For more information call our Maidstone office on 01622 776226 and speak to Paul or Simon our Transport Directors.