Do you have an interest in development and a passion for building sustainable communities for future generations?
Our graduate programme provides you with the training, experience and support you need to build a fulfilling career in planning and development.
We are realistic in our views that many of our Grads will join us not being exposed to the whole industry and therefore their core interests may change in the early days. Due to our multi-discplinary teams we are able to offer all our Grads exposure to the different areas of Planning and Development and different sectors we work in so that we can mold our roles around the people we have at DHA. This has led us to be able to retain the highest calibre professionals which is why 50% of our senior work force joined DHA as a graduate and have been promoted to Associate, Associate Director or Director positions.
There are three pathways you can follow within our graduate programme: Planning, Transport or Environment, we will match your skills to the correct role and will offer rotations within the company to find which team is the best fit for you. Don't take our word for it, follow the links below to see what our latest graduates say.
Whichever pathway you choose, our training programme will allow you to work on a broad range of projects and experience in different industries including housebuilders, utilities, private landowners, schools and local councils. You can expect to:
- Assist with the preparation and progression of reports to supporting major planning applications and appeals
- Conduct site visits and assessments
- Liaise with external consultants and clients
- Develop your technical knowledge and understanding
- Support and assisting senior members of the team
- Develop your knowledge of industry standard software packages including GIS
- As part of your first 18 months with DHA you will be enrolled in our professional competency training programme and be assigned a mentor who will direct and support your learning
- Have the opportunity of DHA sponsoring you through a part time Masters at a Kent or London based univeristy to gain either RTPI or RICS chatered status.
- Have or be predicted a 2.1 in social science degree such as Geography, Planning, Land Management, Urban/Regional Economics or subjects such as engineering or Maths.
- Have a positive attitude to problem-solving, ambition and enthusiasm
- A full driving license
- Have an interest in the built environment and a commitment to progress within the industry
- Have excellent written English, numerical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to develop and maintain working relationships as well as work independently
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and be flexible in their approach.
In return DHA can offer you:
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 20 days annual leave, plus additional leave over Christmas and study leave to support your masters
- Sponsorship through relevant Masters
- Gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Modern and attractive office space with breakfast and Friday drinks
- Flexi Friday working hours
We are now recruiting for our 2022 intake - To apply for the role please submit your CV and covering letter, outlining why you are interested in the role. For more information email email@example.com or call 01622 776226.