Want to join an award winning Planning Consultancy that nurtures and supports our staff as well as providing outstanding results for our clients?
Our graduate programme provides you with the training, experience and support you need to build a fulfilling career in planning and development.
Having recently won the RTPI South East Planning Team of the Year 2021 for our staff retention, progression and in-house training we are confident we can support you on your journey to become a qualified Planner within a matter or years.
We are realistic in our views that many of our Grads will join us not being exposed to the whole industry and therefore their core interests may change in the early days. Due to our multidisciplinary teams we are able to offer all our Grads exposure to the different areas of Planning and Development and different sectors we work in so that we can mold our roles around the people we have at DHA. This has led us to be able to retain the highest calibre professionals which is why 50% of our senior work force joined DHA as a graduate and have been promoted to Associate, Associate Director or Director positions.
There are three pathways you can follow within our graduate programme: Planning, Transport or Environment, we will match your skills to the correct role and will offer rotations within the company to find which team is the best fit for you. Whichever pathway you choose, our training programme will allow you to work on a broad range of projects and experience in different industries including housebuilders, utilities, private landowners, schools and local councils.
Meet some of our Graduates
What to expect
- Assist with the preparation and progression of reports to supporting major planning applications and appeals
- Conduct site visits and assessments
- Liaise with external consultants and clients
- Develop your technical knowledge and understanding
- Support and assisting senior members of the team
- Develop your knowledge of industry standard software packages including GIS
- As part of your first 18 months with DHA you will be enrolled in our professional competency training programme and be assigned a mentor who will direct and support your learning
- Have the opportunity of DHA sponsoring you through a part time Masters at a Kent or London based university to gain either RTPI or RICS chartered status.
If you would like to be considered for our 2022 apprenticeship programme please attach your CV along with a covering letter on the form below or call 01622 776226 to find out more. We are now receiving applications for our 2022 intake and will close applications by 14 January with interviews taking place early February.