Geographical Information System
DHA offer a Geographical Information System (GIS) service that can provide a variety of maps to help visualise data, identify patterns and aid decision making.
Our GIS services are used in our professional reports in our Planning, Transport and Environmental teams for analysis and reporting purposes. Some examples of the GIS services recently carried out include:
- Strategic maps that include development constraints such as Green Belt, Floor Risk, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Display land ownership boundaries.
- Walk/cycle/drive time analysis to demonstrate exact travel times from sites.
- Transport isochrones that demonstrate services surrounding the site.
- Plotting/visualising post code data to demonstrate location e.g. plotting the location of pupils in a school area.
Environmental Impact Statements
- Sensitive receptor plans visualising local environmental designations such as sites of special scientific interest.
- Cumulative site assessments.