The redevelopment of the existing Homeleigh Timber “Woodford” depot forms part of a wider business rationalisation programme, including the redevelopment of their current town centre operation for up to 14 dwellings, which will secure the following planning, economic and environmental benefits:
- Continued business growth and success to the benefit of the local economy.
- Consolidation of operations.
- Improvement of junction visibility at site access.
- Removal of HGV movements from Station Road to benefit of local highway safety, equating to a saving of over 23,000 HGV kilometres per year and 18,000 kg of CO2 per annum.
- Facilitation of good quality housing provision within Staplehurst village centre.
dha transport carried out supporting Transport Assessment and business transport CO2 analysis to demonstrate the benefits gained through the redevelopment of the site and rationalisation of the businesses local operations. The proposals gained planning permission in June 2010.
For more information please contact Jason Lewis.