Charlton Court

Charlton Court is a historic listed building property dating from 1612, and was in need of a viable new use.

Key facts
  • Listed building consent
  • Conversion to single residence
  • Four new homes

For more information about this project contact:

Following the death of Sir Robert Filmer in the First World War, Charlton Court was sold and used as a school for girls since 1936.

DHA worked with Clague Architects, Environmental Design Associates, Lloyd Bore Landscape Architects and Sibley Pares to secure a restoration scheme.  

The scheme involved the conversion of a main building back into single residence and restoration of the historic period gardens. 

The scheme was undertaken by Charlton Court Ltd, a subsidy of Fernham homes, following the grant of planning and listed building consent and has resulted in a development of the highest quality. 

Share this