DHA successfully secured planning permission for the redevelopment of the existing Homeleigh Woodford depot as part of a wider business rationalisation programme, which will secure the following planning, economic and environmental benefits:
- Consolidation of operations as previously approved by the LPA.
- More efficient use of previously developed site.
- Showcasing of sustainable materials and products to be sold to trade on site including woodchip biomass burners, greywater systems & green roofs.
- Comprehensive structural landscaping and screening of site.
- Enhanced biodiversity.
- Enhanced building design with modern curved roof form.
- Improved junction visibility as site access.
- Removal of HGV movements from Station Road to benefit of local highway safety, equating to a saving of over 23,000 HGV kilometers per year and 18,000 kg of CO2 per annum.
- Facilitating good quality housing provision within Staplehurst village centre.